January 7, 2015

Hello 2015!


Happy New Year!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. We've been busy with family visiting and kids on holiday from school and it has been a glorious two weeks. Or "amazing" as Lily now likes to say.

So, did anyone make New Year Resolutions? I have in years past, but am not the best at falling through with my plans. I planned on taking family portaits once a month this year, and only did 4 times. I also planned on taking portraits of the kids every week! Failed on that one after about 2 months.  So this year, I didn't really plan on making formal resolutions, however, after watching "Fed Up" last night, I did.

1. Quit drinking Sodas of all kinds forever and ever. To include Diet cokes. I have been strangely addicted to diet cokes for a very long time, and the habit is a bad one that I have been wanting to quit for ages, but never commited.  Watching "Fed Up"gave me enough motivation to quit for good. So, hoping writing it on here will also help me keep it up.

2. Stay even more committed to our "Real Food" diet and cut down on the sugar intake even more. I hadn't realized that all sugars (to include honey) are processed by our bodies the same way, and thought if I used healthy sugars to bake etc, then we were still doing great. Not so. So, you'll probably be seeing a lot more interesting recipes from me as I experiment around.

That should do it for me this year.   How about you all? Did you make any resolutions? Did you stick through with your resolutions from last year?

Looking forward to the new year and every new day. Hello 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!