December 19, 2014

Friday I'm in Love and some Christmas goodies

Friday! Yes! Two weeks off coming up! I am so excited! This week has been a busy one for sure, with late nights of baking and wrapping and attending Christmas concerts and the like. Only 7 more days till Christmas. I was hoping for snow, but it's highly unlikely this year. We haven't had a bit! It is warm and rainy and feels like spring. Even my roses and some tomatoes have not died yet.

Last night, I was up baking till 11, making Christmas gifts for Cooper and Lily's teachers at the Kindergarten. I bought them the cutest little gold pots with tiny poinsettias, but I  have managed to kill them. All of the leaves are just falling off. Not sure if I over watered or if our house is just too cold for them. Anyhow, that left me scrounging this week for new ideas. So, I ended up buying each a nice Bath and Body Works foam pump soap and put those in a gift bag with a cute jar I decorate and filled with goodies I made last night. Chocolate peppermint fudge, thumbprint cookies, almond shortbread cookies, toffee, and peppermint chocolate cookies. The jars I found at the euro store here for about 1.50 euros each, and I had the jute and twine lying around from last Christmas. I took some pine scraps from our Christmas tree we cut and tied them on to the jars to look more festive and smell delicious. Hope they enjoy!


 

And, since I haven't in forever, here are some fun finds!
  • This post really made me laugh out loud.
  • The really real Santa Claus
  • To the general rule that money, above a certain low level, cannot buy happiness there is one exception. “While spending money upon oneself does nothing for one’s happiness,” says Norton, “spending it on others increases happiness.” - for the rest of the article
  • Second Languages Spoken around the world
  • Yum! Would love to try my hand at these this weekend.
  • Oh, and I made this for Thanksgiving and it was delicious! Turned out perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!