July 14, 2014

First Day Dress for Lily

When Dana from the blog MADE posted the First Day Dress pattern, I knew I had to make one for Lily. The pattern can be made into about 6 different tops and dresses, and I love them all! So far, I've only done the Swing Dress, but can't wait to try all six styles.

If you are a beginner, so am I, and this dress only took me three hours to complete. Dana's directions are very clear and the pattern includes pictures of each step. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! Lily loves it and I can't wait for her to wear it later this week when our temps warm back up. Now that I finally finished a craft/project, I'm so excited to do more. 

First Day Dress (www.danamadeit.com)

Here is the back. The dress is fully lined.

Lily wouldn't pose for me that morning, but as you can see, it fits perfectly and she was so happy to put in on.

I won the fabric on one of my favorite sewing blogs Sanae Ishida during a giveaway last year, and finally found a project to use it on.
I know what I'll be doing the next couple of weeks in the evenings now that I found my groove again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!