|Aidan's Dodo bird and rainbow|
|Ashley's Maya and Maple (my dogs)|
|Wearing the Shirt he designed|
You need: A scrap booking cutting mat, a blade cutting tool, freezer paper, fabric paints, paintbrushes, and an iron.
1) Trace your image or drawing onto the matte side of the freezer paper. We used a permanent marker and drew directly onto the freezer paper so I wouldn't have to retrace the kids drawings. The waxy/shiny side will go down.
2) Then cut out the shapes/lines you want to have paint with an exacto knife to create a stencil. Sometimes you have to save the pieces you cut out to iron back into the image to stay the color of the shirt (I did with the heart on the dodo bird shirt).
3) Place the freezer paper shiny side down where you want it on the shirt. Put some cardboard underneath or something stiff. Iron for a minute or so until the freezer paper is sticking to the shirt.
4) I only have acrylic paints, so I bought some fabric medium and mixed it in to the acrylics so the paint will work on fabric. I then used a sponge brush thingy to paint on the colors I wanted into the freezer paper stencil.
5) Wait 24 hours, then simply peel off the freezer paper.
6) Throw in the dryer for 5 minutes to set the paint and you are good to go!